William Gough established the business in 1900.
The company originally started life as a Church, School and House decorator, but in order to keep pace with changing social and industry trends has evolved numerous times through the decades to its current role as a Principal Building, Refurbishment and Framework Contracting specialist.
Throughout its development, William’s desire to ‘do the best possible job and show a keen eye for detail’ has remained at the heart of the firm’s approach and, today, the Management Team still use these principles when recruiting staff and developing the tradespeople of the future.
Despite the painful wars and recessions, William Gough continued to develop the business – incorporated the firm as a Limited Company in 1949, amending the name to William Gough & Sons Limited.
Due to the skills William’s sons Bill, Jack & Douglas the company diversisfied into plumbing & Heating, constructuion and Maintenace alongside decorating.
The next milestone was in 1969 when the company relocated in Horsley Fields Wolverhampton to a new base in Moseley Road Bilston to take advantage In a larger site and access to the improved transport network.